I kinda took a little break from blogging recently. I’ve only been posting reviews and hauls. I think I’m ready to come back. A lot has happened since I last made a post. I feel better. I’m finally okay after losing Pascal. I got a new fur baby and named him Milo. He has definitely helped with my healing process. He’s such an amazing kitty and I’m so glad to have him in my life.
With that being said, I’m going to hop right in to my top ten books that I hope to get to this summer. If you guys didn’t know, I let an app choose what book I’m going to read next so there’s no telling whether or not I’m actually going to get to these!
1. A Sorcery Of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson: I’ve seen this book everywhere since the ARC was released. I loved An Enchantment of Ravens by her and I’m dying to see what she can do with a longer book!
2. Red, White & Royal Blue by Casey McQuiston: I have heard nothing but great things about this book. It seems like a cute contemporary that I’m going to fall in love with. I’m really hoping this one lives up to the hype!
3. We Hunt The Flame by Hafsah Faizal: This is a fantasy release I was dying for. I’ve heard great things about this book. What I’m most excited about is being able to use the glossary that Hafsah made for this book! I think it’s very thoughtful of an author to go the extra mile to make sure their readers love and understand their books.
4. What Should Be Wild by Julia Fine: This was a Bookoutlet find. When I read the synopsis, I was very curious about this book. Also, the cover is fucking gorgeous. I’m also constantly looking for adult fantasies that I would be in to and this is one of them.
5. Vicious by V.E. Schwab: I’m wanting to give Schwab another chance. I feel like I may like this duo more than I liked ADSOM. I feel like this duo is going to delve deeper into more serious topics. I’m hope I’m right!
6. Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo: I really just want to read this book so that I am one step close to reading King Of Scars. I’m curious to see what happens and how the issues that happened in Six of Crows get resolved.
7. Red Rising by Pierce Brown: I’m so interested in this series. I’m not entirely sure what it’s about but I bought the entire series because I couldn’t stop myself.
8. The Name Of The Wind by Patrick Rothfuss: I got that really expensive edition for my aniversay this year and I’ve been eyeing it ever since. It’s such a beautiful book and I’m kind of scared to read it.
9. Mr. President by Katy Evans: I have honestly been in the biggest romance mood recently. I know you can’t tell because the majority of this list is fantasy. I just have a hard time purchasing romance novels because it’s always hit or miss.
10. The Modern Faerie Tales by Holly Black: Once this book came out, I had to have it. The cover is gorgeous. It’s three books in one. It’s Holly Black. What more must I say??