Top 5 Tuesday is a weekly meme where I explore different topics. If you are interested in participating I would love to have you! Here is a list of my Upcoming topics in January – please remember to ping back a specific post of mine so I get a notification and I will add you to the participants list! Meme made by Bionic Book Worm
I really like this topic. You don’t really get to see these kind of topics for these memes. You normally have books to list and whatnot. I’d love to share with you guys what some of my reasons are for loving reading. It’s a great way to get to know me a little bit better.
1. ESCAPE REAL LIFE: It’s no secret that life is hard. Especially when you’re still trying to get everything figured out. It’s so nice to be able to live in a world filled of fiction and imagination. To get away from the stress that real life may bring.
2. RELAXES ME: When I do start to feel anxiety coming, I pick up a book. Reading puts me in a state where I don’t necessarily feel like I’m in my own body. It really helps when I start to feel an attack coming on and I don’t have the energy to get through it.
3. TRAVELING: I can travel wherever it is I want to go and I only have to spend like $20 or less. I can go to different countries or states. I can even go to outer space. Even worlds that don’t exist.
4. PERSPECTIVE: I can learn from reading different kinds of people’s perspective. Whether it’s a mental illness or a physical handicap, I can learn from it.
5. FEELINGS: As someone who has depression, it’s hard for me sometimes to feel certain things. Reading helps me get that back and get out of that depressive state. I can feel so many things without having to go through them myself. Joy. Happiness. Heartbreak. Everything.
Books are just so amazing. They have changed my life in so many ways. I don’t ever see myself ever stopping.